Sunday, May 17, 2020

Interview with Anonymous 12

"Even though that’s true, we love the character anyway."


Dan: Would you be ok with having this interview published online? You can keep your identity anonymous if you wish, and you may choose to not answer any questions.

AN: Yeah, go ahead and publish it. I don’t really mind. I do wish to remain anonymous and if you do, send me a link to it. I’m just kinda curious about what comments people may leave.

Dan: Alright, I will. So, first question. Do you know what fictosexuality is?

AN: Not specifically, but I can kind of infer. The attraction to fictional characters?
Dan: Alright, pretty much. Do you have a fictional partner?

AN: Yes, Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Dan: And what’s your relationship like? Are you two happy?
AN: I think it’s working out. We’re both happy. We play video games and she’s the women’s champ in my WWE 2k series.

Dan: Do you feel like your relationship with her has something that IRL relationships lack?

AN: I’ve always been kind of a shy person, so I don’t really do great with women. So there is something missing, with me personally. So if there was someone like her I met in real life, I’d be too shy to talk to them. But here, that’s not a problem.

Dan: When did you know you were a waifuist?
AN: I can't really say, i know i was about 5 when i developed the crush on Mai. But I had some other fictional crushes too. I've always had fictional crushes my whole life. So I guess always, but I never heard the phrase "Waifuist" until I was about 20 or so. I knew that's what I was and officially joined the community.
Dan: What do you wish people knew about waifuism?

AN: That most of us are aware the waifu isn't “real”. From what I can tell, most outsiders tend to think we’re legit schizos. We’re fully aware that they aren’t sentient beings. But I have a pretty active imagination. Even though that’s true, we love the character anyway.

Dan: Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?

AN: Yes, I wouldn’t describe myself as bi, but I’m a guy and I like women. But I do find a somewhat small percentage of mens sexually attractive.

Dan: Do you feel accepted in the waifuism community?
AN: I think so, they've been nothing but nice to me over the past couple years I’ve been enrolled.

Dan: What are your views on polyamory in the waifuism community?
AN: Honestly? Sometimes I feel the group can be a bit too much with that rule. Only one waifu thing. That’s just kind of overreaching to me, it’s a little too far.

Dan: Fair enough. Is there anything else you’d like to add?

AN: Well, not really. I can’t really think of anything. But if anyone’s confused on how I play video games with her, I just kinda name the AI characters after her when I play single player games.

Dan: Alright! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Anonymous 13

"Y ou guys are one of the nicest, sincerest, and supportive groups I have ever seen and been a part of." Dan: Would you be ok with...