Saturday, May 16, 2020

Interview with Anonymous 9

"I wish more people knew about how real it feels that it may be different from real relationships, but it
feels just as real."

Dan: Would you be ok with having this interview published online? You can keep your identity
anonymous if you wish, and you may choose to not answer any questions.
AN: Absolutely
Dan: Alright, thanks.
AN: Anonymity, though, please.
Dan: OK. So do you know what fictosexuality is?
AN: Alright then. I sort of know what it means. It’s like homosexual/bisexual/heterosexual/etc. Except
with fictional characters, right?
Dan: Yeah, pretty much, though you can be homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual ALONG with being fictosexual.
AN: Ah, I see. Also, I forgot to mention, I have no problem answering any questions you have so don’t be shy!
Dan: So who’s your SO?
AN: Oh man, she’s pretty obscure, cause I’m a hipster like that… it’s Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy. /s
Dan: Haha. So what’s your relationship like?
AN: It’s a normal heterosexual relationship, we’re currently boyfriend/girlfriend but I’m planning to
propose soon, and we both have a very deep connection with one another. We’re very lovey dovey
towards each other, use our own pet names, go on dates, play video games, read, listen to music
together etc. And we get up to some more “naughty” antics from time to time. Just a normal loving relationship.
Dan: That’s good! Do you feel like your relationship with her has something that IRL relationships lack?
AN: From my personal experience, I think one major advantage is the boost in communication with
each other. There are almost no miscommunications between us, and we can work out anything by
talking. Not to say that isn’t possible in IRL relationships, but it’s just my experience.
Dan: And do you feel like IRL relationships have something your relationship with Rosalina doesn’t have?
AN: One thing that IRL relationships do have is physical intimacy, like the little things, hand-holding,
hugging, just being able to feel your S/O. Having a plushie has helped me significantly in that regard,
as I snuggle with her almost 24/7. Though there is something to be said about holding a real person
in your arms. And a plushie also isn’t viable for every waifuist, as some other relationships are
with more obscure characters with limited or no merchandise
Dan: That’s very true. When did you know you were a waifuist?
AN: I think I’ve always been a waifuist, though I never really joined the community until recently, and
Rosalina, though she is my true special one, she isn’t my first waifu. To be honest, I’ve always
felt an affinity for fictional characters, not even just a physical or emotional attraction, they just feel
more real to me. It may be a byproduct of growing up with cartoons, books and video games, but
I’ve always found one or more characters in any media that really sticks out for me. 
Dan: What do you wish people knew about waifuism?
AN: I wish more people knew about how real it feels that it may be different from real relationships, but
it feels just as real. And also to be aware of the few bad apples within the community, as they don’t
represent us at large.
Dan: So true.
AN: I’ve seen two whole communities collapse due to toxic members.
Dan: Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?
AN: I don’t associate myself with the movement, but I think I may be bisexual.
Dan: Ok, cool. What are your views on polyamory in the waifuism community?
AN: I don’t see it as a real problem, if someone feels an affinity for more than one person and those
feelings are reciprocated from all parties, then I think it’s ok, just as long as everyone is of
age and nobody's getting hurt.
Dan: And finally, do you have anything else you’d like to say?
AN: I think I’d like to say to those curious or critical about our community is just give it a shot.
There are some really terrible people here yes, but there are so many more genuine and wonderful
people who just want to live a normal and peaceful life with someone who is very special to them.

Dan: Well said. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Anonymous 13

"Y ou guys are one of the nicest, sincerest, and supportive groups I have ever seen and been a part of." Dan: Would you be ok with...