Saturday, May 16, 2020

Interview with Anonymous 4

"From what I’ve seen, many people assume that all waifuists are alone and unhappy. That’s not
always the case."

Dan: So first of all, I need to make sure you’re okay with the results being published. If you are
uncomfortable with any questions, you’re free to not answer. We won’t publish your name if you don’t
want us to.
AN: Alright, I’m fine with it.
Dan: Alright, let’s start! Do you know what it means to be fictosexual?
AN: Yeah. People who are sexually attracted to fictional characters.
Dan: Ok, cool. Do you have a 2D partner?
AN: Yes, multiple. The transition from being monogamous to being poly was definitely an intimidating
concept at first, but I grew used to it quite quickly. Though everyone’s experiences with being poly differs,
it’s honestly not that difficult for me. Whenever I think of one of my SOs, the others immediately cross
my mind as well, and I like to believe that I give them all the necessary amount of attention. I sometimes
don’t have the best imagination and struggle to “see” them actually being here with me, but I usually
envision us all hanging out as a group. Of course I have times when my focus may be on one of my SOs
in particular, but those phases never last too long and don’t decrease the feelings I have for my other
partners, nor does it negatively affect our relationship in any way.
Dan: When did you know you were fictosexual?
AN: That’s honestly a hard question to answer. I guess around the time I started to fully realize and
accept my homosexuality, which was the beginning of my teenage years.
Dan: What do you wish people knew about fictosexuality and waifuism?
AN: From what I’ve seen, many people assume that all waifuists are alone and unhappy. That’s not
always the case. I’ve met plenty of people with fictional partners that are content with their lives.
Dan: Are you a member of the LGBT+  community?
AN: Yes.
Dan: Do you feel accepted within the waifuism community?
AN: Sometimes I don’t, but it’s not because of my sexuality. Poly waifuists are looked down upon in many places.
Dan: I understand that. Most of the other interviewees said they didn’t like polygamy. It’s obvious what your
views on polyamory are, so what do you say to people that don’t like it?
AN: I'm not going to really try to change people's minds, as everyone is allowed to have their opinions
on
the subject. All I ask is that even if you don't like poly, please be respectful to those who are in a
relationship with multiple people. You haven't gone through what they have and can't read their thoughts,
so it's best not to jump to conclusions. It's definitely possible to be in a happy poly relationship, just like it's
possible to be happy with only one person. I truly believe that love isn't limited by numbers, and that we should do
our best to support one another.
Dan: Fair enough. Do you have anything else you’d like to add?
AN: Not at the moment.

Dan: Thank you for your time! I enjoyed talking to you, you’re the first poly person that I’ve interviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Anonymous 13

"Y ou guys are one of the nicest, sincerest, and supportive groups I have ever seen and been a part of." Dan: Would you be ok with...